The first restaurant of the future network of dumplings was opened by Vadim Kondratenko, the owner of the Jam Hall cinema, Movie Pub cafe and Jam. "Pelmenia" appeared as an alternative to institutions with a vague format, where with any national bias the menu is not complete without Caesar salad. Avoiding analogies with Soviet dumplings, the owners are guided by European institutions with high-quality cuisine, laconic interior and fast service.
It serves dishes from different countries: Ukrainian dumplings, Japanese gyoza, Italian ravioli, Georgian khinkali. So far, the menu has 6 dishes with different fillings and three serving sizes: S, M, L. Chef Said Saytmuratov from Tashkent sculpts dumplings. The menu will expand, as almost every national cuisine has its own variation of dishes. After obtaining a license, alcohol will appear in the cafe. While it can be brought from a nearby store - employees of "Pelmenia" will not mind. Already now all positions can be taken away, soon the network will have boxes in the corporate style.
In the room with brick vaults, where the grocery store used to be, they made repairs: painted the walls, ordered light wood furniture with metal parts. The Petersburg sculptor and graphic artist Fedor Krushelnitsky cast a statue of the mythical Pelmenia and made etchings to decorate the walls. The same interior will be in all cafes of the network.
In two weeks, another Pelmenia will appear - at the Miller Center on Komendantsky Prospekt. In total, about 10 establishments of this format will earn during the year.
“The idea of a mono-kitchen was born as a protest against the spreading eclecticism in most restaurants in the city. I wanted a concentrated format, without impurities. So a dumpling theme was born. It turned out that each menu item is a completely self-sufficient dish. To enjoy khinkali, you need only the right drink, but not at all sushi on the menu. The kitchen was made very carefully, focusing on the high quality of the ingredients. Still, we want to avoid analogies with the Soviet dumpling, which is also charming in its own way, but does not meet modern requirements We’ll develop the Pelmeniyi network quite actively in the next year or two. We will soon open an institution on Komendantsky, then we plan another 2 points on Kirochnaya and Marata Street. "
Dumplings with cherries - 120 rubles for 5 piecesDumplings with cherries - 120 rubles for 5 piecesManti with beef and lamb - 250 rubles for 5 piecesManti with beef and lamb - 250 rubles for 5 piecesYaki gyoza with shrimp - 100 rubles for 5 piecesYaki gyoza with shrimp - 100 rubles for 5 piecesFruit drink (lingonberry, cranberry, raspberry) - 50 rublesFrench cappuccino - 150 rublesTea in the teapot - 120 rubles
Excerpts from the menu:
- Russian dumplings - 120 rubles for 10 pieces, 180 rubles for 15 pieces, 240 rubles for 20 pieces
- Manti with beef and lamb - 150 rubles for 3 pieces, 250 rubles for 5 pieces, 350 rubles for 7 pieces
- Manti with pumpkin and carrots - 90 rubles for 3 pieces, 150 rubles for 5 pieces, 210 rubles for 7 pieces
- Khinkali mountain - 150 rubles for 3 pieces, 250 rubles for 5 pieces, 350 rubles for 7 pieces
- Dumplings with potatoes and mushrooms - 120 rubles for 5 pieces, 160 rubles for 7 pieces, 220 rubles for 9 pieces
- Dumplings with cherries - 120 rubles for 5 pieces, 160 rubles for 7 pieces, 220 rubles for 9 pieces
- Ravioli with salmon and mascarpone cheese - 220 rubles for 5 pieces, 300 rubles for 7 pieces, 380 rubles for 9 pieces
- Ravioli with porcini mushrooms and taleggio cheese - 220 rubles for 5 pieces, 300 rubles for 7 pieces, 380 rubles for 9 pieces
- Yaki gyoza with shrimp - 100 rubles for 5 pieces, 140 rubles for 7 pieces, 180 rubles for 9 pieces
- Yaki gyoza with apples - 100 rubles for 5 pieces, 140 rubles for 7 pieces, 180 rubles for 9 pieces
- Assorted vegetables - 80 rubles
- Pickles - 50 rubles
- Americano - 100 rubles
- French cappuccino - 150 rubles
- Tea in the teapot - 120 rubles
- Draft beer "Carlsberg" - 180 rubles for 0.5 liters
- Fruit drink (lingonberry, cranberry, raspberry) - 50 rubles
- Freshly squeezed carrot juice - 150 rubles
- Freshly squeezed orange juice - 170 rubles