The production drama about American investment bankers was released in 2011, after the collapse of Goldman Sachs, and talks about the beginning of the financial crisis. Heroes find out that the bank is in danger of ruin, and try to avoid bankruptcy at all costs. The reputation of several top managers and brokers, who must sell depreciated securities to unsuspecting buyers, is sacrificed to the market. As a result, the owner of the bank (Jeremy Irons) manages to stay afloat.
- The recession is always followed by a rise.
Do you know what a person experiences on the edge of the abyss? This is not a fear of falling, but a fear that he might jump. Yes it went.
It is not for nothing that it was you who remained. 80% of employees are fired,
- It's so weird, like in a dream.
- Well, I do not know. Maybe we all just have to wake up.
- Take a look at these people. They do not know a dream or a spirit,
-I'm trying not to let the work gobble up myself. We are 23 years old. I raised a quarter of a million this year. I work with numbers on the screen. A bunch of fucking gamers see them on a computer screen, and they play
“You know that this is actually a bit wrong, right?”
“What did I say from the first day you came to my office?” Be the first, be smarter or cheat. I'm not a crook. I want to believe that smart people are sitting in this office, but it will be easier for all of us to become the first - to sell
“How much does Sam Rogers have in a year?”
- I do not know.
- Come on at random.
“Three quarters of a million.”
- Come on, much more. Will Emerson shot 2.5 million last year.
- Come on. How do you know?
- I said it myself.
- Get fucked up. Do you think this is right?
- Listen, you cannot do what you are planning!
“Have you seen these numbers?” They are simply deadly, one plus one no longer equals two.
- Looks like this shit will be dumped on us?
“They will find a way.” I have been working in this company for 10 years and I know
- Even if we manage to crank, in spite of everything, the question remains: to whom to sell?
- To those to whom we sold before, and to others.
“But then you will kill the market for a long time.” And you sell them something
- I will sell to those who want to buy at the current market price,
“But then you can’t sell them anything else.”
- Yes and you? This is the end, I tell you.
“Did you really earn 2.5 million?” How did you spend them?
- Pretty fast, you quickly get used to the good.
- How did you manage?
- Now we’ll calculate: half is taxes, a million remains
- So, 800. 150 went to a car, about 75 - to restaurants, about fifty - to clothes, and 400 set aside for a rainy day.
- Yes, as it turned out. After all, a hurricane is coming.
- And 125 more?
- I spent 76 thousand on whores, booze and dancing. Mostly whores.
- 76 pieces on whores?
- I myself was shocked at first, but then I realized that I could call
- You want to say that the music will soon subside, and we will have a large bag of stinking excrement, which we have collected
“I'm not sure what I would say that, but I will explain it with your example.” This model shows that the music is quiet. If it really calms down, the scenario will be much worse.
- You want to know why I ended up in this chair and take off
- I'm here to guess if music will play year, month or